Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:07:34 -0400

these two units  close to 20 yr old technology, size, weight etc for their
output. one of the newer sunpacks pack more versatility and puch per oz,plus
sunpak has a high voltage pack IIA much cheaper & seems efficicient enough
to me.  furthermore if you have other cameras with ttl flash metering
you can get an interchangeable dedicated bottom for most that add to their
usefulness immensely. it will still work ok on syncless shoe w/cord supplied
w/normal foot if you leave the dedicated one in place. i have dedicated
modules for hasselbad, canon, nikon,pentax for thru the lense operation.
fraction of cost of metz and in hasselblad case less cord hassle. ralph