Subject: Re: [Leica] Mastery of any technique
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 07:14:27 -0400

The problem from my vantage point isn't the dispersions cast on the
"backward people" using "obsolete" technology, it is the strong implication
from at least one member of the LUG (not you Erwin) that people using
digital means are essentially fools who wouldn't know a fine print if it
hit them in the face.  I love the look of the prints made with my Epson
1270 (at least, before they begin to change colour :( ), but they clearly
are not identical in appearance to traditional prints.  There is no
tradtional equivalent to the matte paper I have been using (and which does
NOT change colour), so how can you compare?.   But as a means of producing
fine quality prints, the Epson clearly delivers.

And you are correct about the skill required for a mastery of Photoshop.
I've been using it for a few years now, but I am still learning new tricks
and techniques with it.

Dan C.