Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon RF mount-Some Like them Light
From: Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 15:35:07 -0400

I have found the Russian aluminum M39 lenses even lighter - but there
are limits.  We are talking about a 1lb body, and it is nice to have
some heft with longer lenses.  I think nothing looks and feels better
than brass with chrome.

I kind of like the retracting lens shades - they are convenient and make
things much more pocketable.  Sure, the protection isn't that good, but
when you are dealing with fairly flare-free lenses, it's not as bad.

Dante Stella
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dante