Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:09:57 -0400

At 12:02 PM 7/28/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Both Dave Rodgers and I have had some luck using our 283's with the remote
>coiled cord for the sensor on the Hotshoe.

  Find a flash shoe that has a 1/4x20 socket and a wrist strap that has a
1/4x20 screw (standard tripod-screw size).  Put the strap and shoe
together, then insert the flash foot.
  You can let it dangle from your wrist while focusing etc, then quickly
flip it up into the hand to aim it wherever you want.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net