Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:23:13 -0700

I use the 283 mit remote sensor combo, too, as I like off-camera flash if
I'm going to use it at all.

But I don't use it much. I trace it all back to that scene in "The Odessa
File" where Jon Voight photographs the secret SS reunion with an M and one
of those elegant flashbulb reflectors in the hot shoe. As soon as he pops
the flash, he grows bouncers on each arm and is hustled out of the building.
Cut to the next scene, where he stumbles in his front door, sans Leica and
with his face kicked in. So nearly every time I think of using flash, I
think of Jon Voight, and I put it away.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.