Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Some Leica it HOT !
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2000 07:31:24 -0700

On Fri, 28 July 2000, "Miro Jurcevic" wrote:

> I can assure you that the F-cam inside the lense is as lame as it can
> possibly be and still be mistaken for a Leica. Over a 4 second exposure the
> iris just seems to slip closed to about 50%-80%.  I have 3 lenses and they
> are two stops out at f=22. At f=11 the iris responds to opening during
> exposure.
>
> Now tell me .... what are the odds of being sold 3 cameras in one week, all
> by Leica 'experts' and not one of them arrived without the need for repair.
> One of them was even done through Ebay. You can imagine what is going on in
> my head. " There are clowns out there artificially maintaining camera prices
> and not usefully maintaining camera equipment ". I wish only photographers
> were allowed to sell Leica. Sydney Australia is full of these snobby clowns
> with self styled Leica selling pedistals.
>
> If any person coming for the 2000 Olympics is going to bring Leica ......
> don't even think about leaving any of it for repair. Bring extra.

Miro,

A far more reliable source of R camera bodies is the LUG.  We know our stuff, we know each other, we stand behind our equipment.  Watch the FS ads on Fridays.  Or pay a bit more and deal with one of the regular dealers here on the LUG.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!