Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:52:19 -0700

><Snip>
> And the above paragraph, based upon subjective use of many different types
> and brands of filters, is my humble opinion on multicoating (and maybe just
> plain coating) of filters.
><Snip>
> "Bergman, Mark A." wrote:

I've got lot's of cheap filters "because they're there" right in front of me.
But I did replace some scratched up ones which are the ones I found I mainly use
far more than others with a B+W MRC upgrade. My yellow-greens. They are the UV's
or lens caps of other's for me. They only absorb a stop so I may even leave them
on or forget to take them off indoors. And they would improve skin tones from
tungsten red lighting!
There is a point of diminishing return. It would seem you might as well spend 10
bucks instead of 30 for a filter you may hardly use. But then again…
Mark Rabiner