Subject: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:23:43 +0200

Add that to the number of people who've complained about cleaning
problems, my experiences in that area, Hoya's aluminum rings which
sometimes stick and are difficult to remove from lenses, and I'll opt
for what I perceive as the better, albeit more expensive, B+W filter
any time (It should be noted that B+W does produce some filters with
aluminum rings, so, if you're buying B+W, be sure to get the filters
with the brass rings).
Shel Belinkoff
<<<<<

The BW mounts are definitely superior. If you want to save money, you can
always swap out the glass for new Hoya when the B+W glass dies and keep on
using the B+W mount. Similarly for Leica filter mounts, on lenses where the
B+W mount seems to cause problems (the 24/2.8M, for instance).

We certainly do talk about filters a lot, don't we!
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO