Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: how to clean a lens
From: "Bergman, Mark A." <mabergm@nppd.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:25:12 -0500

I have in recent years always used one of those handy little lens cloths.  I
carry it all the time and also use it for my glasses.  I was never adverse
to using my shirt as long as it was 100% cotton (being taught many years ago
that cotton was OK anything else, especially synthetics, was too hard).
Anyway on a recent trip I lost my lens cloth and while in a mall dropped
into one of those mini-photo retailers (Wolf, Ritz??) and picked up a new
cloth.  Guess what!  The cleaning cloths are made from poly-esther.  Old
Leisure suits make a come back.

I also think the new lens coatings are very very hard.  Unlike my coated
eyeglasses were you can wipe it right off.