Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:48:39 -0700

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I go under the assumption that Leica's filters are multicoated up the yin yang
> and are in brass mounts and the whole bit.

I try not to assume too much or too often <g>.

> And as the front element of a Leica ASPH lens is from glass from HOYA having a
> new high end filter from them would seem very apropos.
> Except it would say "Hoya" on it!

I purchased about a dozen Hoya Super Multi Coated filters a few months
ago (for Pentax and Contax systems) and was not at all satisfied with
their quality control.  About half of them had the retaining ring
loose, and the glass had shifted in some of those, no longer sitting
square in the rings.  A friend, who purchased the "Pro"  version of
these filters, at almost twice the price of the Hoya SMC filters, had
the same problem.  So, FWIW, I'll pass on the Hoya filters.

- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters)