Subject: Re: [Leica] home b&w processing
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:13:20 -0400

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Craig,
The e50 that I'm looking at here online is a flatbed scanner, does it have
an adapter that is sold separately or is it naturally a dual method model
with a film port somewhere I'm not reading about or seeing in the product shot?

I've got a TON of chromes to have scanned. I could probably buy the e50 for
what it would cost to have the local lab scan just what I have shot already
in HiRes! I'm also not averse to home processing E6 and converting to B&W
if the image warrants.

The only B&W reversals I've ever played with are when we tried to replicate
the old fashioned method of flashing tray processed B&W 4X5 negs in the
soup to solarize them (thereby creating a positive.) Mixed results there,
but it was fun to play with.

Simon's great shots of his family had me sold on trying Scala. Just got to
get a round tuit.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] home b&w processing)