Subject: RE: [Leica] serial number asterisk
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:29:50 EDT

Suppsedly a duplicate serial number....there are 2 lenses with that precise
number.
Same is true for bodies.

Legend or fact?  I have never seen a pair, so I don;t know.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Does anyone know what the asterisk at the end of the serial number on a
50mm Summicron means?>>>

That is true, but Leica also used the * to indicate that some parts have been
refurbished or changed.

I think they also use it when they upgrade some cameras (like adding flash
synch, converting from one model to another etc.)

So I have been told. It is not as clear cut as many things Leica...

later,
Rich