Subject: RE: [Leica] setting up outlook for LUG mail
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:53:46 -0400

For those wanting to know how to set up a rule to move Leica list traffic
away from your Inbox to a new folder in Outlook, follow these steps...

First, create a new folder.  Point at your "Personal Folders" folder in the
Outlook folder list--or whatever folder you want as the parent folder to the
new LUG one.  Then off the pull down menu bar (at top of screen), choose
"File" then "New" then "Folder" (by the way, if you don't see these options
off the menu bar, click on the down arrow from the menu to expand it).  Name
the new folder LUG (or whatever you like).

Second, create a contact (email address) for
leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us.  Off the menu bar, choose "File" then
"New" then "Contact".  In the Full Name field, type "LUG," and in the email
address put: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us.  Click "Save and Close."

Next, create the rule.  From the pull down menu bar, choose "Tools" then
"Rules Wizard".  Once in the Rules Wizard, click on the "New" button.

Follow the wizard's instructions.  You want to "check messages when they
arrive" and have the rule apply to those emails "sent to people or
distribution list".  When you choose that option, you will see that phrase
in blue at the bottom half of the dialog box.  Click on it, and choose the
LUG address you set up in the previous step.  Then click Next, and choose
"move to specified folder."  Again, that phrase will appear in blue: click
on it, and then double-click on your new LUG folder to have the mail
automatically moved there.

Then click Finish, OK, and you're all set!

Hope this helps,
Dan