Subject: [Leica] setting up outlook for LUG mail
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:00:56 -0400

Hey gang,

I stumbled across a nifty setting in MS Outlook 2000 that really makes
handling the mass volumes of LUG traffic much easier.

First of all, I subscribe to the regular mailing, not the digest.
Furthermore, I have a rule set up that sends all mail from
leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us to a separate LUG folder (this much I
imagine you've already done, or else you have a mighty cluttered Inbox!).

Once in the LUG folder, right-click on the "Subject" column header, and
choose "Group by this field."  That will group all email by the subject
heading, tidily collapsing all threads under their respective topics--much
like a newsreader.  To expand any thread, just double-click on the subject
heading; likewise to collapse.

This makes scanning messages much cleaner, and allows you to easily delete
entire threads that aren't of interest without having to wade through all
those messages.

Regards,
Dan