Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica ace Ralph Gibson
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:28:11 +0000

Sal, Dan, Arthur, Hugh...

I *love* Gibson's work... to me it is the essence of Leica M use. However,
Sal, from your standpoint as a PJ I can understand your dislike of his
style... I didn't really cut the mustard as a PJ myself with a couple of UK
daily papers in the late 70s - I come more from a "designer" area - and so I
think his work is really good.

I also remember a thread about 6 months ago asking who was the greatest
photographer of the century. Along with a few others (Mike J included - us
editors have to stick together <g>) I nominated HC-B and AA... two
photographers so different that neither could be eliminated. And at the time
I added a third name (so much for decisive moments) with Gibson, whom I felt
could not be eliminated either.

Ed Buziak / Publisher
Camera & Darkroom magazine

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk