Subject: Re: [Leica] virus warning
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 00:55:23 -0500

>Attacks Eudora too.
>
>>  From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
>>
>>  With all of these viruses that attack Microsoft Outlook why does
>>  ANYONE still use that program when there are alternatives that are
>>  free and work just as well?
>  >

I may be misunderstanding what I read in the advisory but if I am not
using IE as an HTML reader than I would not have a problem using
Eudora, right? Following is what I am talking about:

>Users running systems with Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, or any
>mail reader
>that uses Internet Explorer to render HTML documents are also
>vulnerable to this exploit through E-mail.

Not that I am worried, I use Macintosh computers, Netscape and just
have MS word cause I occasionally get word files from clients...few
viruses for our machines...guess all those virus writers are
disgruntled Microsoft employees,not Apple employees.  :)
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net