Subject: Re: [Leica] Fungus in viewfinder
From: Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:56:52 +0200

First I'd like to say hello to all members of the list. I just received
my R3 a few daysa ago which made me a Leica owner and have been
following the list since.

Bob Walkden wrote:

> But does a CLA get rid of fungus? I've never had
> to deal with the stuff but from what I read on other lists it's the only
> stuff that's going to be left alive after the bomb goes off.

Simple cleaning will not get rid of the fungus. At least not for long.
I've also heard of a case where Leica repair service, who usually repair
everything with a red dot on it, rejected to repair binoculars with
fungus inside. I think they have their reasons.

Axel

Replies: Reply from c.blaue@bmsg.de (Re: [Leica] Fungus in viewfinder)