Subject: Re: [Leica]Was Off Topic Topics. M enlarging lenses
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:54:48 +0800

Hi Rich,

That would be a screw mount Summar would it not? How were the results?

I tried with a 50/3.5 screw mount Elmar and found it remarkably poor for
printing though it was in fact the standard Leica enlarging (and taking)
lens of its day.

I was curious as to how and why use an M mount lens for printing. I think
the current 50/2 with its fixed mount projects too much from the enlarging
lens mount on most/all Leitz enlargers if it has an adapter to fit 39mm
screw(Though I do note Novoflex make an M to Leica screw adapter...).

So it would I presume be only possible with the lens unit of an older
Summicron separated from the focussing mount and attached to some no doubt
impossible to find and very expensive adapter.

Rs

Adrian

 Rich Lahrson wrote