Subject: Re: [Leica] How many of you use cold light heads?
From: Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:27:57 -0400

Hi, this is my first post. I used to use a cold light, but then got a
Saunders LPL with a variable contrast module. I use T-Max 400 (at 400)
or P3200 (at 1600) and develop in Xtol 1:1 for about 10% less than
Kodak's recommendations, on stainless reels in a cylindrical tank.

Agitation: five inversions in five seconds, the gentlest inversions. The
kicker with T-Max is that it is so sensitive to agitation variations -
once I got it right I really try to reproduce it, but it would be
different for each person, because the size of the tank, and the ability
of the reels to move when you invert, are all factors.

This gives me negatives that usually print with 3 filtration on Ilford
paper, and that proof with almost black clear film edges.

I would not go back to my cold light, because this works so well for me.

Jesse Hellman