Subject: Re: [Leica] Focus Kindergarten
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:11:04 -0600

Hmmm, my M camera has that too. It is called an "aperture ring" that is
coupled to a "diaphragm" that is actually inside the lens!! When you turn
the "aperture ring" it also opens or closes the "diaphragm" (no batteries
required!). When the "diaphragm" is wide open, you get a very narrow plane
of focus. When the "diaphragm" is closed to a small hole, you get a wide
plane of focus!! Wait....it even gets better. There is a scale engraved on
the lens that shows you what will be in focus at the various apertures.
Amazing but true!!

John Collier  ;-)