Subject: Re: [Leica] Political Correctness
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:44:00 -0700

Tina,

Wankers, the lot of 'em. If they can't judge your work on its own merits,
move on to other publishers or galleries. If I view an exhibit or a book by
a Seattle photographer of Tibetans, that's something I take into account in
looking the images--but it's absurd to completely negate someone's work on
that basis.

And I second Bob Walkden's recommendation of Hurn & Jay's book, which has
just been reprinted by LensWork. They have a chapter on making contact
sheets that actually makes the topic fascinating. Also recommend their newer
work, "On Looking at Photographs." Can be ordered directly from
http://www.lenswork.com/--click on the "Book Publishing" link to get there.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.