Subject: Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:26:32 +1000

CIS wrote:

> I have not found the Kodak Portra 160 to be very good in my M6 but in my
> other SLR camera I have taken some exceptional images, especially the skin
> tones and detail resolution.  I was asked to photograph two christenings as
> a result of the Portra images taken with the SLR.  Perhaps the 'yuk' factor
> is the film is not a good match with Leica gear.
>
> Simon
>
> Austin Franklin wrote
>

> > I found in MF the 160 is superb, but I must agree, in 35, it's yuk.  I
> really like the 100...

Hi folks,

I just got my first roll of Portra 400VC back from a good lab.  The
prints look good, but the negs look a little underexposed.  I rated the
film at 400 in an M6TTL, one with a known and accurate meter.  Do any
experienced users have thoughts on how to rate this film?

Regards

Rick Dykstra

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film)
Message from "CIS" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film)