Subject: RE: [Leica] V35 bulb question
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:55:14 +0100

Gary,
There is an easy identification between the old and new lamps.
The early series taking Philips 6604 bulbs were inserted using only one
metal adapter to place it correctly into the enlarger. The bulb has a
diameter of 54mm.
The newer/later bulb (Philips 13139) takes two metal adapters to locate it
into position. The bulb has a diameter of 50mm.
A conversion kit was made by Leitz/Leica though whether your agency will
ahve any left in stock is up to you to determine.
There is a book largely on the V35 which has some use but is not
comprehensive, 'Leica Darkroom Practise', Rudolph Seck, Hove Foto Books,
ISBN: 0 906447 24 0. Hope this helps,
Jem