Subject: [Leica] A place for digital photography
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:35:11 +0100

Harrison

I thought digital was growing in sports photography as I am sure I have seen
some D1s in use.  Interesting to hear from a bona fide photographer who has
been exposed to, and trounced by, digital media in the field.  The only
immediate problem with mobile communications (at least in the UK) is that
the digital GSM networks only operate at a maximum of 9600 baud, so
transmitting digital images can be a time consuming process.  Over here, you
may just win the race at the 1 hour lab!

Simon

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] A place for digital photography)
Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #253)
Message from Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #253)