Subject: [Leica] Leica photographer: Max Milligan/"Circles of Stone"
From: "Ala'a H. Jawad" <aljawad@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:37:51 +0300

Recently I purchased a copy of "Circles of Stone", text by Aubry Burl and
photographs by Max Milligan. Here is a link @ Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1860466613/qid=963844090/sr=1-4/104-6
616114-2350327

I got the book mainly due to my interest in these ancient monuments found in
the British Isles. The book is lavishly ­ I do mean RICHLY! - Illustrated
with pictures by Mr. Milligan,. It wasnąt until the very end of the book
that he identifies the tools he used in the creation of the pictures: Leica
R6 bodies along with 24mm/35/60(Macro)/90/240 lenses. His choice of film:
Kodachrome 64/ Echtachrome 200. The photographer finally asserts that all
pictures ­ including long exposure ones taken during moonlit night - were
taken in natural or available light without flash, filters or any further
manipulations.

A highly recommended book for those interested in historical relics and/or
Leica aficionados. Here is a link to Max Milligans web site:
http://www.maxmilligan.com/

_A l a Ś a  H .  J a w a d