Subject: Re: [Leica] Gear wear and accidents
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 08:42:00 +1000

Gary Klein wrote:

> Many guys
> who get supplied gear usually have it looking really worn. Not all
> photographers are hard on their gear or want to be is the final point on
> this thread from me.

Here, here.  We use our camera systems to take photos in situations that
are inconvenient, expensive or impossible to recreate.  We want to be
confident that they are working properly. We need to avoid equipment
downtime.  Avoiding unnecessary knocks and shocks and reducing wear is
therefore a fundamental element of a photographer's craft and should be
a source of professional pride, not something to be apologised for.  Its
not bricklaying equipment.

Regards

Rick Dykstra

Replies: Reply from "Pilot E-Mail" <wwaechte@capecod.net> (Re: [Leica] Gear wear and accidents)