Subject: [Leica] Any expert level R-Leica users?
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:35:08 -0400

I thought I'd ask if there are any deep R3 users who can help me.

I bought an "as-is" Leica R3.  The meter works, but the shutter does not open.
The camera winds film properly, and the shutter fires at all speeds, but the 2nd
set of shutter leaves do not open, at any speed.  The 2nd set of leaves literally

follow the first set, with no delay whatsoever, resulting in no shutter opening.

The battery is good.

Has this happened to anyone during the life of their R3?

Did you get it fixed?  Do you remember how much it cost to fix?

Do you remember WHAT was fixed?

And - did anyone have the courage to fix it themselves?

....Vick

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Any expert level R-Leica users?)