Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT:Artixscan 1100
From: "Isaac Crawford" <isaacc7@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:54:57 -0400

    I've been thinking about getting into the digital end of things for a
while, but I'm having problems picking a scanner. Obviously I would like the
best possible for my 35mm work, but I also shoot in larger formats as well.
I would be printing no larger than 11x14 at home, if I wanted larger, I'd
probably get a drum scan and lightjet print made. Another potential problem
is the fact that I like to shoot B&W slides (processed in the dr5 process @
AIM). This particular process can have a wicked DMAX, worse than Velvia
even, and the worst part is, there is usually information in there...
    This leads me to my question, without spending a fortune (under 2 grand
please!), would the Microtek Artixscan 1100 be about as good as I can get?
Would there be any potential advantage to getting a dedicated 35mm scanner
like a Nikon LS-2000? TIA for any guidance in this situation!

Isaac