Subject: RE: [Leica] UV filters - thanks to all
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:26:10 +0200

Sure Dan. But a collector would not use UV filters, ER cases or black tape.
I can understand that somebody wants to preserve a fine camera because he is
in love of the craftsmanship it represents. So, as I said, the better thing
he could do is to put it in a safe.

I understand too that someone takes some precautions with a user camera:
some sort of ER case or UV filters for example (whatever I might think about
both of them). But why would someone pay attention to lugs scratches? This
will not affect pictures or camera operation. And if one worries so much
about cosmetic matters he doesn't use his camera enough, IMHO. What really
counts is the picture. From time to time I manage to get one that worth all
scratches (incredibly few, actually) my gear had to endure. But in most
cases, to get this picture, I had not enough time to use my equipment as if
it were made of china.

All the best,
- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)