Subject: [Leica] LHSA Shipment Update
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:27:50 -0500

 From John Hayden of LHSA:

>>Solms will try to manufacture Special Edition
>>cameras in October or early November for November delivery.
>>
>>The batch proposed will not be sufficient for all camera orders,
>>however, Roger has committed to fill the direct LHSA orders complete at
>>that time.  It will be some time later when those ordered by dealers
>>will be completed.
>>
>>As you can see, this varies from the information in the third from last
>>paragraph of my July 6 letter to you.  Not everyone will receive 0.85
>>cameras at the same time and in this regard you will have an advantage.

I am glad that LHSA has recognized the importance of this issue and
responded to the inequity with a plan. The letter doesn't state when
the dealer orders will be filled ("some time later" could mean a
week, it could mean months) and there is always the possibility that
Leica will change their production plans so they all go at once, but
at least the issue did not go unnoticed.

Thanks again to the LUG for providing a public forum for affected
buyers as the thread seems to have had a positive effect.

- -R