Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica survives WWIII
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:39:46 +1200 (NZST)

Bryan wrote:

>You've got it wrong. The policy doesn't pay if the damage is a direct result
>of war, nuclear or otherwise. It also won't pay if the damage is the result
>of a nuclear hazard. But, if the nuclear hazard causes a fire, and the fire
>is the direct cuase of the damage or loss, the policy pays.
>
>Comforting, isn't it <g>.

I wonder if you could get away with arguing that the blast was just a
REALLY BIG fire?
Presumably, if we follow insurance company logic, we should pack the kids
off with a box of matches after 'the big one'? Can't wait to test that
theory!

"Honey, if you've got any influence in Pakistan, now would be a good time
to cause a little unrest. By the way, have you seen the kids?"

Thanks Bryan, this truly bizarre stuff.
Take care,
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University