Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Quality Control & Customer Service (!)
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:57:57 -0400

The Golden Touch Goddess Ms. Sherry K. suggests that one not purchase an M5
with a serial number lower than 250,000. (I think that was the number.)
They had a faulty roller something or other that is not reliable and a
somewhat costly fix. Mayhaps the two that you got were earlier than that?

My shutter has been flawless since getting mine in Waltham this last
spring. The RF spot is 'speckley' and needs replacing eventually, but the
shutter has been fine. The spot is easy enough to focus, it's just not
'perfect' like I want it so I will take the opportunity to put in an M4-P
finder. (knocking on any oak that I can find)

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube

Message from AppleMac97@aol.com ([Leica] Leica Quality Control & Customer Service (!))