Subject: RE: [Leica] WAS; UV filter and 21mm now 15 mm!
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:25:29 +0100

Ted,
I find that goldfish bowls are great for lenses like the Super Elmar, sure
keeps those grains of sand out, too bad they mostly seem to be full of
water to start with... Swings and roundabouts I guess.
I've not noticed a difference in quality since I started using this the day
I got me S/Elmar, I have to admit to being somewhat surprised at the good
write-ups the lens has had so far, it seems rather disappoointing to me.
I secure them with large elastic bands and pad out the fit with chewing
gum, hope this helps.
Jem