Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak Supra film experience?
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:01:25 -0700

On 12 Jul 2000, at 15:51, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> More so than any other color neg film? Not what I can see as I scan
through the
> material. Mark Rabiner How would a color neg film be optimized for
scanning?

Robert Studdert replied:

>>Possibly by having a base colour that is more neutral<<

I'm a little perplexed. If you can filter a color in conventional color
printing -- base, dye or otherwise -- you should be able to filter it in a
digital scan with the correct settings.

One of the first things that amazed me about scanning was that the scanner
seems to handle various types of film much more easily than conventional
means. When I make my own color prints in the darkroom the greatest
challenge was filtration. Even slight exposure differences caused color
shifts, for which I had to adjust filtration.

My scanner does an amazing job of handling color. It must be doing
something right in all that prescan buzzing and humming.

Dave