Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-rays and film inspection
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:31:43 -0400

on 7/12/00 12:43 PM, Dan Honemann at ddh@home.com wrote:

> Does it help to have the film shipped back--via UPS, Airbourne Express, or
> the like--or do international packages get scanned, too (I'm betting they
> do, but don't know for sure).
>
> Dan

FedEx does not x-ray package and I have sent to a location film in advance,
notifying the hotel/motel to expect the package, and sending to the lab the
exposed film.  Two things accomplished, first one less thing to keep-up with
the film is on location safe and not zapped and secondly, the
return/processed film lets me know if all is working.  the latter only works
if you are on a shoot longer than a couple of days (those days are mostly in
the past).

Happy snaps,

Steven Alexander