Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #238
From: Freegift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:49:10 EDT

Isaac Crawford jotted down the following:

> Well, I already have an M6 and I'm primarily interested in the M3 for the

> use of longer lenses... Can anybody comment on this modification? Has

> anybody here had it done?

I had an M3 modified for the same reason a couple of years ago and I've been
thrilled with it. An M6 type take up spool was installed and the frame
counter was converted to the M6 type that resets when you take the bottom
plate off. I also had it modified to accept the winder. It loads and
functions like an M6, but with the focusing accuracy I wanted for the longer
lenses and the Noctilux. I like to think of it as a poor man's M6J.

Jeff Wheeler