Subject: [Leica] 800 speed film
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:16:58 -0500

The film that I have had extensive experience with is the fuji 800 version
that is sold in 20 roll pro packs.  Very versatile.  Can push up to 3200
(with a touch of grain at that speed however).  But one stop pushes are
wonderful. I think one stop pushes are virtually undetectable from the
normall rated stuff.  I know a lot of you do not process C41 yourself, but
if you do, I consider this film to be the swiss army knife of the film
world.

However, I sure am going to check out the portra 800 film from the Kodak, as
their portrait stuff is less punchy than their regular stock, and thus I
would like the rendition.  I used to use their now defunct VPS and VPH,
which was great due to its lower contrast.  I felt it had a tonality like
the black and white tri x does when scanned.

Leica M, the quiet alternative...

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com> (Re: [Leica] 800 speed film)