Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures of the birth of our daughter
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:30:32 -0400

At 12:11 PM 7/10/00 -0700, Simon Lamb wrote:

>I have posted some pictures taken before and after the birth of our new
>daugter Daisy.  All of them were taken with my M6 and most using a Noctilux.
>
>I know that some of you will say "oh no, not another lot of family snaps".
>Any comments are welcomed.

Congratulations Simon and family! (Wondered why you had been so quiet on
LUG lately.)
Very lovely photos ('Daisy has a yawn' is my favourite.)
Someone else a week or so ago posted a very eloquent message on family
photographs as being the most important material possessions that most
folks prize. Despite all of the image overload in our society now, I think
that good family photographs (like your available light and candid variety)
are important now and in our short lives for sentimental reasons, but are
even more important for our posterity, when most images that still will
probably be around will probably be advertisorial. (Is that a word?) And
marketing images give no REAL human element story about US as individuals
interacting with our loved ones as do you excellent images. As a hobbyist
student of history, I find those non-professional images from the past (the
few that there are) to be FAR more engaging than even the excellent work of
Capa and Brady.

Keep up the good work and keep sharing them with us.
Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from "CIS" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Pictures of the birth of our daughter)