Subject: RE: [Leica] Lieca QC--a joke?
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:38:13 -0400

Martin,

> Eh, are we reading the same mailing list?  There was a thread
> commenting on
> positive repair experiences from Leica NJ (and some bad ones, I
> admit) only a couple of days ago.

I was off-list for a week while away on business and so very well may have
missed some positive posts.  Even still, it seems Leica NJ has quite a poor
reputation for service--or am I only seeing the negative posts?

> How many positive stories have we not heard of
> Kinderman in Canada, when they had the agency?

I too heard good things about Kinderman, but believe they are no longer
servicing Leicas.  Also, am I able to send my camera anywhere I want to be
serviced under warranty, or must I send it to NJ?

> And how many testamonials do
> we not get on the LUG of people who have become new and
> first-time owners of Leica cameras?

Many, including my own!  My experience so far has been quite positive.  And
hopefully I'll never need to get my M6 serviced.  But if I do, I have to
admit I won't be sending it off to NJ with a real warm and fuzzy
feeling--based on the experiences of others I've read on this list.

Dan