Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Digital
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:37:03 -0400

>>I am a new Leica owner and want to make sure I understand.  You are
>>printing color prints from color negatives, using digital scanner?
>>What about black and white? You scan the negatives, and then print
>>them out.  What paper, what printer, what software?

I use a Polaroid SprintScan 4000, which is a 4000DPI 35mm/APS film scanner
($1150), an Epson 3000 wide printer ($850), and PhotoShop.  I plan on
changing the 3000 over to a B&W Piezo printing system, and getting a 1270
for color printing.  I currently only use original Epson ink and paper, but
would like to try some of the specialty paper.

I am VERY happy with the results.  The Leica is perfect for this setup, and
is why I bought the Leica M body/lenses in the first place.  Perhaps you
ought join the Epson list?  (http://www.leben.com/lists epson-inkjet is the
list name)