Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6 Question/Complaint (!!!)
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 21:00:14 -0500

>Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 07:56:36 -0600
>From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6 Question/Complaint (!!!)
>I have been following this thread and I would like to point out that the
>LHSA was very up front with the fact that the cheque would be cashed right
>away (with most of the money sent to Leica) and that, after the initial lot
>of 300 (?) sold out, there would be delays, possibly the fall, until Leica
>delivered the cameras.
>LHSA had nothing to do with Leica's decision to offer
>the cameras (with free memberships) to dealers and should not be expected to
>pay for something that was out of their hands. Those who ordered right away
>seem to have received their cameras and it is now up to Leica to supply the
>rest. As the deadline for ordering has barely passed and approximately 500
>cameras more than the initial allotment of 300 have been ordered I would
>expect that it may well be the fall until everything is completed. Please do
>not make it sound as though this has taken you completely by surprise or
>that you did not realise that this was a fund raising idea for the LHSA. If
>you did not like the terms you should not have ordered one.

>John Collier

>New LHSA member with no affiliation with the LHSA board or any LHSA official
>and I did not order the camera.

Just for clarification, I am going to include the emails I have sent
to Bill R. and John H. of LHSA and their replies. I have included
them on a web page so those not interested in this thread won't have
to scroll. :)

They appear at:  http://www.powerlogix.com/lhsa.html

I do not have any issue with the check being cashed. I would like to
see an official LHSA document that says that 'there would possibly be
delays until the fall.' Did I miss this somewhere?

Lastly, I just want an answer. I keep hearing November delivery by
everyone (private emails are flowing in!) but it would be nice to
have an official pronouncement, and even nicer to have an answer to
my last emails that asked this question point-blank.

This situation wasn't a 'surprise', I'm actually more frustrated by
the lack of response to my inquiries than anything. Getting email

- -Robert

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (512) 795-2981 FAX