Subject: [Leica] Focomat neg carriers
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:06:43 -0700

In a message dated 07/04/2000 7:20:14 PM, Dave wrote:

<<Just a suggestion, since neg carriers for Focomats are difficult to find.
Keep an eye out for a used Valloy enlarger. The carriers are
interchangable>>

Dave

Richard, I have both the Focomat I and the early (1937?) Valloy. I can
confirm that the carriers are interchangable, but I had to press hard to get
the Valloy carrier into the 'mat. Before I got carriers I used a home-made
carrier cut from matt board with an Xacto knife and hinged with tape. The
decending condenser holds it tight.

Btw, I also have a glass  carrier that will take negs up to size 127. That
way the neg is between two glass surfaces.

Regards, Bill Lawlor