Subject: Re: [Leica] half-price filters
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:52:36 -0600

J Vaughan wrote:

> Werner's in Denver used to have Drawers of used filters... back when
> they were on 17th st.
> I'd get them for a couple bucks a piece and teach people about color...
>
>  are they still open?

They're still around but the last time I had someone dig into the junk
drawer, I was quoted prices that I didn't like at all, like what sounded
like full list on a coupling ring that was floating around in the
drawer. Werner's pricing of used gear is all over the map but when it
works in your favor--wow! Somehow they manage to have user R4's for $700
but at the same time might have clean T* Hasselblad SWC's for a grand. I
have been really, really broke for the past couple of months, and I
assure you it's not because I bought the R4 ;-) Ugh, just what I
need-Hasselblad impulse buys!

Lately I've been hanging out at Denver Pro Photo more--Benjamin's some
of the best darkroom stuff and the most Heliopan I've ever seen in one
place. I like it because it's close to Caboose Hobbies too.

Jeff Segawa

no archive

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] half-price filters)