Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R3 repair
From: Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:57:44 -0500

Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> wrote
>So here is what I've done.  I've bought a "failed" R3.  It reportedly doesn't
>work, and I bought it "as-is".  What were the common failures?  Were they
>repairable economically?

My understanding is if the electronics fail you are pretty much out
of luck.  This was supposed to be common in the early years of the
R3, but not so much now.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

If the electronics fail for whatever reason (including just dead
batteries), the camera will still work when set for flash synch (1/90
sec).

I think problems with the wind lever are also relatively common, but
that is not much of a problem to fix.

- --
Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu