Subject: [Leica] Re : Summicron 50
From: "Christian Louis" <christian.louis@skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:18:01 +0200

Pitak wrote :

> Leica just released the new 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-R within a year or two ago.
> It does not have an aspheric element in it. I doubt if the 50mm f/2.0
Summicron-M
> will get an aspheric element in the near future.

Sorry, but the last version of the 50 summilux dates from 1995. And this is
only a cosmetic change ( build-in lenshood ). The optical formula dates from
1961 !

The optical formula of the present summicron dates from 1980. cosmetically,
it was changed in 1994 (build-in lenshood, suppression of the lateral
hand-lever)

C. Louis

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com> ([Leica] Re: Leica R3 repair)
Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> ([Leica] Leica R3 repair)