Subject: [Leica] gigabitfilm
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:21:49 +0100

One of the German monthly photo magazines has an article about gigabitfilm
in its current issue. It is said to have twice the resolution of Tech Pan,
higher speed and better gradation. The film comes with its own developer in
a quaint little bottle. The main problem with testing it was ensuring that
the quality of the lens matched that of the film and making sure there was
no camera shake.

The manufacturer has a web site www.gigabitfilm.de but it is still under
construction. There are a number of files for downloading, but they require
a special program to open them (provided by the site) but this program
works only with Windows, and I am Mac, so I can not tell you anything more.

Anyway, look out for gigabytefilm when it is introduced this fall.

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or
F-50590 Regnéville-sur-Mer, France