Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Cleaning
From: Chris Lee <chrislee@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:01:53 -0700

I remember reading a literature from Zeiss which stated that cleaning

1) should be done with only breath and lens tissue/cloth, unless the stains
are very stubborn in which case a specialized cleaning fluid can be used.

2. should be done only when necessary, since lens coating can get rubbed off
over time.

I have cleaned my lenses this way ever since, partly because it works well
and partly because the advice came from Zeiss.

BTW I have seen Zeiss-branded cleaning fluid at something like $5 for a
300ml bottle. But I'm doubtful if it's any better than when Kodak sells.

Regards,

Chris

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] Lens Cleaning)