Subject: [Leica] Re : Summicron 50
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:48:43 +0200

I have recently used my Nokton 50 a lot with slow slide films, in order to test it. Some years ago I had a 1981 Summilux 50, and comparing the results, I think the Nokton is at least as good. At F/2, I think the Nokton is in fact ahead of the Summilux, as slides are very sharp and crisp, resolving small details with a sharpness reminding of the mighty Summicron 50.

I will go on a 10 day trip by car through Poland (Krakow), Budapest and Vienna on July 10, and I will bring the Nokton as my 50 mm lens, with no regrets. Hopefully I will be able to bring home some decent shots to prove my point.
/Hans