Subject: Re: [Leica] Re : Nachtwey's Capas, >> >Salgados, Evans, etc
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:25:39 +0100

I think that the reality is that it is more a time period thing than a
personality thing.   With the birth of extensive use of digital photography
by the news media, negatives are disappearing and images are stored for a
very short (relatively) period of time on computer disks, and therefore
there will be no photographic archives.   Newspapers here are storing for
less than six months!   The result will be that it is (or now 'was') only
the 20th century that will be retrievable in the future as recorded images.
So all of us who still shoot on film could be great because the journey
through time will destroy many of peoples negatives for whatever reason, and
those that are left will become more valuable regardless of artistic merit
or content.   So lets make each one of them count!

Gerry