Subject: Re: [Leica] sprintscan 4000 v. LS 2000
From: Neil Frankish <nfrnkish@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:26:31 +0100

I have the Sprintscan4000 and 1270 and have printed A3+ and enjoyed the
result. I have found that HP5 in Xtol rated at 400, 800 & 1600, when
scanned at 4000 dpi, that one can see the grain (maybe you have to look
hard with 400). Anyway, you see grain before pixels when magnified in
Photoshop. I also found that letting the scanner do the exposure gave me
more shadow detail on some prints (B&W) that I printed traditionally (shows
how bad a printer I am!)

I am just starting on this digital odessey, so everything I say should be
taken with a pinch of salt.